Saturday, November 2, 2013

BLURZ Phoenix House/Apple Drug/Alcohol Rehab, Memories(Year 1998 and 2001), Part Two: "THE TRANSITION"

So part one was left off where I overdosed on heroin, and died in my moms arms. And just in case you can't find it, here's the link http://phillipprosespastdiary.blogspot.com/2013/11/blurz-pheonix-houseapple-drugalcohol.html

After overdosing and ending up on one of the highest floors at Stony Brook Hospital, looken out on the world in the dark of night, seeing a helicopter land, and admiring the lights, feeling like I do not want to quit doing heroin at all, and this Indian Doctor comes in, talks to me for a brief moment, talks to me about why I am doing this, and how great my life could be if I stop, and how bad it will be if I don't. So he actually releases me that night, and of course when I go back home I shoot some more heroin before being sent back to that APPLE rehab again in the morning.

So I get back to the rehab, and at APPLE they have this really intense strictness where they stand me in front of all the other patients and people are allowed to scream at me, at the top of their lungs(LOAD). This did not help in any way, my hands and underarms were dripping in sweat as these people very cruelfully ream me a new one, if ya know what I mean. It all hurt back then.

I left there soon anyway. It was beyond uncomfortable.

Can you understand what a BLUR this all is for me? What I mean is, I have no feeling of being age 19 years old, AT ALL! So this story about APPLE(rehab), that eventually a year later became "Phoenix House", APPLE, I was age 17, and then at age 19, after another year of horror-ble heroin addiction, I end up mandated to Phoenix House at age 19 by probation. And the crazy thing is, my Dad said it, and it was hilarious, that the Court House In Central Islip, I was going to court so many times that me and my Dad both seen the court house build this HUGE lake outside.

So, finally, my probation officer, "Mrs. Peterson"(she was pretty cool, and pretty, too) ordered me to be mandated to Phoenix House, inpatient program, but she built up a portfolio with over 50 probation violations, and I remember having to go to the probation office, and a couple times I'd go, try to scam my way thru the urine and blood tests by sweating the heroin out of my system, going in to probation office and having such a shy bladder, nervousness, but at this place they would let you go into the bathroom alone, but I am not a slick, sly person, AT ALL! And I seen this one guy from my high school that was so filthy, coming in there strait from work(construction), hands filthy, but he said he would put bleach all over his hands, and then pee on his hands, into the urine cup(EWWWWW). THIS WAS ALL SO HORROR-BLE! AGE 18-19, and then I'd go home from probation and shoot heroin.

So before I knew it, I was set up to go to Phoenix House, 15 months of rehab, I was there.

Tune in for part 3 if you'd like, cause there is some really crazy memories, and this will be taking me on a stroll down memory lane.

Thanx BLUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment